Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping well. I plan on putting together some fun activities for you and your kids to try out at home. I know how stressful and busy things can get, so there is absolutely no pressure to do any, they are just simply ideas :)
Stay Safe and Have a lovey Easter
Class 9's Timetable
Our circle time songs!
Fine Motor Activities
Mindful Minute Ideas
Gross Motor Activities
Arts and Crafts Ideas
Spring and Easter Cookery
HOME LEARNING: WEEK BEGINNING 30/03/2020
We start circle time by singing our hello song and saying good morning to everyone in the room.
Ask your child for the day of the week, month of the year and weather as well as their daily mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXMofxtDPUQ - days of the week song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe9bnYRzFvk - months of the year song
The children also love the tidy up song and enjoy cleaning up to it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPq7wzGEjqE
This week I have added the wash your hands song given the current situation to help promote personal hygiene and drive home the importance of washing hands - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHJW4r3elE
RE and Topic Work
- This week we will be looking at the Easter Story alongside Spring.
- Look up the Easter Story on Twinkl and go through it with your child and complete the 2D shape rabbit cutting skills worksheet in your home learning pack.
- Listen to Spring Songs for Children and encourage your child to sing along - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du-h-0G7W_c
- Check out our Primary Assembly Tab in the home learning drop down on a Friday for our weekly assembly songs!
- Story - The Easter Journal (Twinkl book). Ask your child recall questions about what they have read/listened to and discuss what might happen next. Why not try some role play? If you cannot access Twinkl, you can use any books you have in your house.
- Complete a pencil control and/or fine motor activity from the pictures above
- C2K Junior News Desk/BBC Newsround - discuss the daily topics and choose stories that interest your child.
- Education City - do 3 more activities from the foundation/KS1 section.
- Complete two numeracy worksheets from your home learning pack.
PE and Movement Breaks
- We regularly take movement breaks during our day. Why not try some of the gross motor activities featured at the top of the page? Class 9 also love playing musical statues and having a boogie during the day. Our favourite songs are: uptown funk, I gotta feeling, can't stop the feeling, shotgun and paradise.
- For PE, we do yoga which can be found on Cosmic Kids on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga). There are so many themes to choose from!
- If the weather is nice, go out and enjoy some outdoor play!!
- Why not try Joe Wick's PE every morning at 9am on YouTube if you haven't already?
- Art: Look at the collage of art ideas above. Make Spring butterflies with your child (I'm sure we've all got plenty of toilet roll holders going spare!!)
- Cookery: Easter nest buns with mini eggs on top (in collage above). You can find the recipe here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/shredded-wheat-nests
Meditation and Relaxation
- Search 'meditation for kids' on YouTube and choose a meditation around 15 minutes long. Your child should lie on the ground and close their eyes listening to the calming sounds. Add pillows and blankets if you wish!
- You may even wish to print off some Easter mindfulness colouring pages from Twinkl and do this when the meditation music is playing.
- Practice 'Waves on the ocean' breaths (featured in mindful minutes above)
- Encourage your child to talk about their feelings and emotions by doing the actions to "I can clap my hands". Discussion points using the lyrics of the song: when/why might we stomp our feet? when do we feel so yes? when do we feel so no? etc. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwCqyRYzQy0.
Hopefully by now you are in a routine with your child and have figured out what works for you. We are all in this weird journey together so please do take care. Thinking of each and every one of your families, and hope to see you all again soon!! Have a wonderful, well-earned and restful Easter break :)
Stay safe, take care